Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Spiralizer has arrived! Zucchini noodles GALORE!


NEWSFLASH: Food Poisoning will make you slower (raise your heart rate). Also, don't eat questionable looking eggs in an old salad bar.

This is just a quick post to say that I got my Spiralizer in the mail today. If you Pinterest recipe ideas for a lower carbohydrate diet, you see all sorts of stuff about zucchini pasta. I had to try it myself. I set the bar pretty low because I've gotten myself a little too excited about this sort of thing before and have been massively disappointed. Although I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the spaghetti squash pasta, but it was kind of an ordeal to make it.
freshly spiralized zucchini
The spiralizer was pretty easy! All you do is twist the zucchini through it, and bam, long shredded "noodles". If you take out the green part it looks pretty legit. The noodles go on for dayyys so if you don't want to be choking them down, you should probably cut them into shorter pieces.
Looks pretty pasta like if you ask me...
I cooked them in two ways just to try it out. I sauteed them in olive oil and I boiled them in soup. I put a little too much salt and oil in when I sauteed them, but the consistency was there. It was also pretty decent in the soup version too, so I plan on throwing these in my pho instead of the rice noodles. 

I highly recommend trying one out. You can also do this with a potato peeler if you have the right kind. Looking forward to eating a lot more zucchini in my near future. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment