Saturday, November 29, 2014

This is the bottom of the barrel right? Week 2 progress

Just when I think I can't get any slower, I get slower. So this HAS to be the bottom, right? I literally don't think I can go any slower without walking! Even Strava/MyFitnessPal thinks I'm "jogging in place". Way to kick me when I'm down!


Okay yeah, I kind of messed it up with an hour of English horseback riding yesterday. I knew it was a bad idea but...HORSES! It was well worth the soreness to come, and I had a blast. A big thank you to Jon's sister for teaching me for an hour.


It's been a week since I posted my last body comparison photos, so here's another. I think there's a pretty noticeable difference here! I am still comparing it to the first photo I took, just to give people an idea of how much has changed. I've also dropped a couple pounds unintentionally, starting at 105 to 102.6 this morning. I still need to work on eating more, especially with these long runs sucking away all these calories.





My long run today was over a 12 minute mile. :|  I knew it was going to be bad though, because while horseback riding was a blast, I was sweating from all the legwork and balancing that I'm not used to. "Posting" was probably the hardest for me to get used to. For those of you that don't know, posting is a technique in English riding where the rider lifts up from the saddle at the same time as the horse's gait. This makes a smoother technique, less jostling for the rider, and is easier on the horse's back. With Western you kind of sit deep and loosen up the hips and move with the horse more.

Anyway, enough about horses. Basically I just wanted to say that today's run was really rough and I got more stiff as the run went on. My heart rate was high the entire time, and I struggled to keep it below 150. Eventually I just walked, and even at a slow walking pace my heart rate was 125-130 because I am so sore!

I think I'm just going to take it easy tomorrow if I am still this sore. Just have to keep a calm head and remember that this hard work and patience will pay off sooner or later...right?  SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS WORTH IT...




0 comments:

Post a Comment